How Independent Retailers are
Rebounding in 2022 and Beyond
Thriving as a Retailer in 2022
Independent retail isn’t only back this year – it’s thriving! The 2021 holiday shopping season was up 8.5% from 2020. And the National Retail Federation forecasts annual retail sales to grow between 6% and 8% in 2022. In fact, we’re even winning against Internet shopping! The New York Times noted in May 2022 that “Brick & Mortar Stores are Taking a Toll on E-commerce.” Yes, in-person retail is back — in a big way!
All across the country, retail businesses have stepped up to the challenge of bringing customers back into their stores after almost two years of pandemic closures. Retailers employed many tactics in order to not only stay in business, but to create a surge in retail shopping activity once restrictions were lifted.
SnowShoe’s new free whitepaper provides an overview of the successful methods used by retailers to claim their slice of the emerging growth in physical retail. You can use these systems and methods to re-engage your customers, create a memorable shopping experience, and thrive in 2022-2023 and beyond.
In this whitepaper, you’ll learn about:
- Experience: How to create a happy and delightful space for customers and staff
- Curation: How to harness the ultimate superpower of product selection.
- Connection: How to connect with other small businesses within your community and how you can support one another
- Loyalty: How to increase loyalty, engage your customers and keep them coming back
- Outreach: How to use text and email campaigns to reach customers outside of your store
- Social: How to leverage social media tools to spotlight your brand