Upgrade Your Future
Join a dynamic team innovating in mobile authentication. SnowShoe pinpoints business locations to lock in customer loyalty. We power smarter loyalty and location.
SnowShoe, the leader in loyalty systems for independent retailers, is seeking a contract copywriter for several writing projects, including blog posts, case studies, whitepapers and video scripts.
Topics will focus on the retail industry, customer loyalty and engagement, resources for retailers, and SnowShoe’s solutions and offerings. Prior experience in the retail and/or tech industries, or a strong desire to learn more about these industries, is ideal for this position.
We anticipate assigning between 2-4 writing projects per month. Projects will range in length between roughly 300 to roughly 4,000 words. Some projects will require more research than others.
This position reports to SnowShoe’s Marketing Director, with whom the contract copywriter will have regular and frequent contact.
SnowShoe is an all-remote company. Personal time management, personal accountability and responsiveness to team members via various communications platforms is a requirement for all SnowShoe employees and contractors.
- Degree in Journalism, English or the equivalent
- 2+ years of experience writing professional materials
- Samples of previously published work (this could include company websites)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert grasp of grammar and ability to apply AP style to all writing assignments
- Ability to cite sources and provide links to source material
- Proactive and highly skilled at personal time management
- Ability to apply constructive feedback to projects and deliver revisions
- Ability to consistently deliver high quality projects on time
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience writing for the tech and/or retail industries
- Interest in the current and future state of the retail industry, with a particular focus on independent retailers
- Starting at roughly 10-20 hours per month; could grow over time
- Variable by month
- Hourly rate
- Negotiable, based on experience
Diversity and Inclusion:
SnowShoe is actively seeking diverse candidates from a variety of backgrounds and national origins. We support and encourage applications from historically under-represented groups and from BIPOC populations in and near the city of Portland.
SnowShoe also supports and promotes gender expression of all types. When applying, please specify your pronouns, so that we can assure that we are addressing you appropriately with terms that are appropriate for your stated gender identity.
We believe in diverse teams, and we want you to be able to bring your whole self to our team.
To apply for this position, you’ll need your LinkedIn address and a professional resume.